- FIFA 2012 : UEFA EURO 2012 Expansion Pack.
- Nexus 7 gets compared with Apple iPad Mini at launch [Photos]
- 2M Apple iPhone 5 sold in China in 3 days, still shares tumble
- Harness the power of Twitter with a social media marketing service
- Acer cringes before Google : Cancels Aliyun-powered-Smartphone event
For a long time now, business have discussed a lot about the linking strategies and contextual link building. What can be said is that, yes, contextual link building does add a lot of benefit to your business and its online presence.
A contextual link is a link to an article that is in context to its surrounding words. So a contextual link is also more likely to get clicked as it provides additional value to what you are already being reading. Contextual link building is one of the best ways of promoting your website. It is done by placing links in the content in such a way that a reader is enticed to click on it.
Contextual links have 2 characteristics:
1- They are located in the middle of text that is highly relevant to the link keyword.
2- They are located inside a web site that is highly relevant to the link keyword.
Here you can learn contextual link building in 4 steps.
It is about earning
Contextual link building is all about earning the valuable links to your valuable content. There is a value for such things if you earn it, not something you make. Link building requires a lot of hard work and patience to get improved. Collective efforts like offline relationships, online branding and consistent content development makes link building more than effective.
Benefits of contextual link building
Many of the businesses seem to overlook the importance of contextual link building and they go around just buying links. Contextual link building is very helpful for your online business’ growth.
Here are a few things your business can gain from such link building:
Increased Brand awareness.
Increased Social media shares.
Increased Credibility and brand trust.
Increased Google PageRank and rankings.
How to build Contextual links
Contextual link building can be done naturally, but it needs a human push to get things going. Here are a few methods to build contextual links:
1) Consistency in content
Being consistent in regularly publishing new and quality content on a blog is a very hard thing to do, except if you run a news site. In my particular case, I try to publish one or two new posts every day. Do proper SEO copywriting while crafting your content.
Make sure you build your content that is not only useful to your audience but also also useful to you in getting your potential customers. Treat every blog post as a business and do everything possible to stay consistent and don’t compromise on the quality.
2) Promoting your content
Why are you building your content if you don’t want anybody to read it. And this does not work like ‘Build it, they will come’. Content marketing is a strategy and you need to follow some rules!
Your to-do list for content promotion:
- Properly optimize the SEO part of your content.
- Share the content on social networks.
- Leverage your Hook with these tips.
- Make a media list and make real connections with them.
- Engage with your site audience.
- Keep promoting till it hurts.
You can learn content promotion tips from Lisa Barone Here.
3) How to get Contextual Links
- Optimize your content for search.
- Engage in other similar communities.
- Build a brand trust by staying active.
- Analyze your competition and connect with them.
- Do something unique for brand mentions.
- Get referential links for your content
- Get roundup links or sumarized links.
4) Track your links
Keep track of your content with Google alerts, Ahrefs and Majestic SEO. Keep track of your backlinks. You can also keep track of them from the Google webmaster dashboard. Traffic > Links to your site > view more on “who links the most” > Download latest links.
Or go to
- Go to Traffic Sources > Social > Network Referrals
In Google Analytics dashboard.
Contextual link building is the strongest form of link building over the web. Contextual links can be very advantageous to an online business in many ways as said above.
This type of links can generate more activity to the site.
What do you think of Contextual link building? Share the article and your thoughts!